For suppose you move to a new place. You are attached to your city where you were living for the last ten years but due to few unavoidable reasons you had to move to a new place. There are challenges, valleys of frustration, new people , new languages , every thing new. Even if there is excitement while setting up a new home at times the challenges overflow and you are no more happy. You long to be back to the good old days. In this longing your brain definitely stops working and finding ways to make the place better. There are fair chances to make new friends, to develop a new hobby, to purchase some nice stuff, to find out the best hangouts and to start making it a comfortable place in your own way. To do this one needs patience , adaptability , the will to embrace a new thing. For a person like me getting accustomed to any thing or a person new is challenging but I guess I am slowly changing. I have found out ways to make my self happy. I go shopping by myself some times. Retail therapy is the best outlet for anger, frustration and monotony. Dressing and getting dolled-up just for your sake gives immense pleasure at times and shopping alone is lot better as you don’t bug others for opinions and you go to buy in your “own” time slot. I do it and feel good about myself. I don’t have to woo or attract any one. If they are attracted that’s a bonus too 🙂
|Do You Know Brainy Quote? If you don’t know google it.
You won’t regret 🙂
Often we link our happiness to “PEOPLE” . People every where who are a part of your story, who change your story for good some times and bring unexpected twists many a times. People around , people above, people below . Phew! There’s a sea of people every where . You get too attached to them or is it correct to say “you are used to them”. Once you are used to its a human tendency that getting un-used to them becomes a hectic task. We are emotional creatures. We shed tears. We are aghast when a person doesn’t behave in a way we want to. A snake eats many of its eggs soon after laying them as it is hungry ! It has no emotional attachment and hence doesn’t hesitate satisfying its starvation after the hectic task of laying eggs and on a different note if it doesn’t eat, it seems half of the earth will be filled with snakes. EEKS ! The image is terrifying.
Similarly the same snake doesn’t even eat a live frog in reach when its tummy is full.
True ! I have seen that in an exhibition once where a snake and a frog were kept in the same glass case. Frog with its heart racing lurked in a corner fearing the snake’s attack but the snake was too happy and sleepy to even notice the frog’s existence. I stared at that glass case for quite long that day. Too many thoughts wavered in mind at the age of 8 which I am finally putting down on my blog today 🙂 Unlike snake or other animals, human being’s desires never end. Have you seen any animal which has a three course meal and also junk foods and fast foods at any time of the day ? Obviously the answer is NO . No animal prefers plenty of food and variety of food even after it is satisfied. Man using his brain invented many techniques and technologies to stay happy but the same man finds its very tough to be content with his life! His brain , heart and mind always conflict with each other and never stop thinking and lead to a dissatisfied self. They cease working only when he dies! Till death a human struggles to find peace and happiness.
There is only one key to stay happy for most part of your life. DO NOT GET VERY ATTACHED TO THINGS or PEOPLE . A human gets too attached that some times he forgets self-love. He forgets what he actually loves to do. In the efforts he puts to please every one else he forgets that to mend him self and to do stuff he likes only half of that effort is needed. I learnt it the hard way
There are many gurus, babas , psychologists teaching you the importance of happiness. They pass on the tips to be happy to hear which you have to burn your pockets. The tips you pay for each session will for sure make you unhappy. No offence meant to people who actually explored the meaning of happiness. They for sure put effort to gain money and be happy. They feed on your unhappy souls. I told you about happiness and I am about to give you few tips for FREE FREE FREE !!! Only price you can pay to me is pass on a smile and fill the comments section. Feel free to give tips to me too for free 🙂
- The above statement is so true. Always have happy vibes and prefer the company of happy and smiling people. The grouches pull you down and they can be highly contagious.
- Never give priority to a person whose priorities change. NO MATTER what ever may be the past, whatever may be the happy times you have spent with him / her do not give utmost priority. People change so you too should be open to a change.
- You only know what to do and how to make your life better! No one else can help you better than YOURSELF!
- Love makes life and even the person beautiful. Try liking a person who likes you but don’t expect things to happen your way. Things don’t happen as you want them to. Things don’t stop from happening as you don’t want them to. It’s not always “YOU” and “YOUR” plans when some one else is involved.
- Love your parents and siblings a lot. I am sure they will never give up on you.
- Don’t rub your hobbies , passions and interests on others. They might simply be not interested.
- Solitude is serene and a happy phase when you think about it. Don’t get sad thinking you are alone. Think about the pending tasks. That unfinished book , the recipe you wanted to learn, that aquarium you always wanted to get from a shop near by . Make a list and tick off each finished task. The happiness you get by these simple accomplishments is unbelievable.
- Last but not the least remember to laugh off even in tough situations . Frank clark says – “The next best thing to solving a problem is finding some humor in it!”
- Do watch the below video which always makes me “content” . My favoriite song by Baz Luhrman
This is my 8th post for “A to Z blogging Challenge 2013” !