How many times do you say “Oh!”? I say that every now and then. My attention span is minimal when it comes to topics which don’t interest me at all . Thats the reason I can’t drag my self to each and every blog and pour comments. Some times people are courteous enough to read mine and I think , “Oh ! I have to comment back right ? “ and go to their blog all geared up but many times I feel lost. I don’t know what to say. Either the topics discussed are too intellectual for my level or some times too naive to say any thing in the comment box. Some times there are too many confessions and I don’t feel like the father in the church who should do the righteous duty!
Sorry If I am rude but that’s how I feel when I have nothing much to say . I just cant do the
“You scratch and I will scratch your back” ritual but still end up doing it for some readership and many times I say to myself “Oops I did it again !” Some people don’t even read the entire post before commenting and I don’t feel like spending time on their blogs. I am very grateful to this challenge as I came across many people who think like me or think differently but they all care to read which makes me happy and there was no“oh ! I gotta read!” kind of feeling. Till now I didn’t feel it like a duty or burden and I am hoping that the feeling is mutual 🙂
I love the close association of “Oh!” and “Oops!” While “Oh” is used to express emotions like anger , joy , surprise so on so forth , “oops” is used to express an apology or just an expression to show that you did some mistake. “Oh shit . This is the same mistake I made in my previous examination.”
” Oops ! I did it again yaar 😦 ”
Don’t you love the usage? I love to use oops! I use it quite often. I even used it in inappropriate situations . I used to beat my brother hard and say, “Oops! I didn’t realize it would come with such force !” as if the hand didn’t belong to me and had its own brain. The spark in my eyes would always be intact which made it clear that I was faking. I can beat real hard. I use tips of my fingers and the receiver gets red imprints of my fingers. The scene used to be no less than a cock fight. There used to be many ” oh god” moments after that as my red hot mom after failing to patch us up used to give us a silent treatment. Life becomes hell when moms stay silent due to anger.
There were many “oh shit!” moments in my life followed by “oops!” or viceversa. My beloved brother once solved his theorems on a freshly gifted SRK(shahrukh khan) poster and his reaction was a fake “oh shit!” I almost cried and wanted to tear it apart but the glowing faces of Kajol and Shahrukh stopped me from doing so. I spoiled his favorite note book by chicken scratching all over it. I don’t remember when we spoke again but with time our fights finally reduced and now as I am a grown up lady or that’s what my mom thinks I resist my urge to slap or pinch!
I have many more such oh shit and oops moments in my life. I don’t know if Oh and Oops love me. I only know that if I forget using them for quite some time they miss me and enter my mind to explode out of my mouth.
I teared my first ever diary due to the same beloved brother again. He read few pages for fun in which I incidentally wrote how bad and insensitive he is . I wrote “I WANT TO BE ALONE” in big bold letters in few pages. I suddenly was getting extra special treatment at home. I didn’t figure out the reason for all the extra pamper. Obviously my brother revealed what I wrote in diary to mom and dad who were scared thinking some thing real bad happened to me and I was not sharing with them. Reasons were silliest like fight with a girl in the class or having ribbed gourd in dinner which I hate most. My mom-dad didn’t know then that I was a nut case!
Suddenly on one fine night just before going to sleep the answer instantly hit me solving all the puzzles and I ripped off the pages in filmy style. We didn’t have a fire place to add the extra effect so it had to go to dumps along with the daily garbage. My mom was so sad as I spoiled my first ever diary. I was happy but the instant bliss died down and I used to repeat to my self. “Oops! How foolish the act was!” May be my impulsive nature made sure oh and oops always stayed near to me. There are many more such moments but I am not going in to details.
|Oh Shit !! Next time when you pose stay alert 🙂
Image courtesy : Google
Few “Oh shit” moments of my life :
|Image source : Google. I don’t own it|
- Once I saw a painter falling down from 1st floor as the support was not strong enough. I shouted ,”oh shit” so loud that my H.O.D. (Head of the Department) ran out of the class. Thankfully other than few bruises, nothing serious happened to him. Like I said I have a meager attention span. If I don’t like some thing every other thing has my undivided attention.
- In leisure hours I used to draw on the black board and once I was drawing the cartoon of my Maths Sir. I was trying to put horns and tail when he entered the class. The outcome was good as he started being a bit jovial after that. My friend had a deep crush on him and he was a btech pass out and pretty good at flirting :p
- Once my cousin sister’s 8 month old boy was about to shit on the sofa. He was diaper-less and my sister came to rescue the new sofa. I was screaming on top of my voice as I was too scared to hold him. She ran in jet speed and took him to bathroom. I shouted ,” Oh God!” and I was about to say “Oh sh..” loudly when my sister came with the speed of a supersonic plane and took him away .I finally swallowed it , the word not the shit .
- We were discussing about a cute guy in the class. We named him cadbury boy which he over heard and started sitting on a tree perch since then. sigh
- There was one distant cousin in a wedding who irritated us beyond limits . She can be a brand ambassador to “FEVICOL” – ye fevicol ka jod jai toote ga nahi ( English translation : This adhesive is fevicol. it stays strong and intact.). We went to lunch. She came with us. We sit in our group and she sits in between me and my close sister. We went to loo. She accompanied us. I was pissed off and dragged my sister to a corner and shouted at her. Please do some thing and get rid of her. To my utter horror the distant cousin was standing just behind me. My sister tried smiling at her but she left hurriedly . Needless to say I was extremely embarrassed after that. That was a face-palm moment when I thought it was the biggest “Oooooops!”
- When we were waiting for bus at the college bus stop a coconut ( small one) fell on the head of my class mate. I shouted, “Oh shit !” even before it fell. Its like I always have those visions like in “Final Destination” movie. I see every thing before some one sees and try to inform them. Before I warned him it was already at his feet . The poor guy got a head sore and nothing horrible happened. That moment I realized coconuts fall on heads not only in reel life but in real life too.
There are many more “Oops” moments but I don’t want to bore you all by narrating my sagas!
The biggest “OOPS” moment was when I scored 67/70 in a subject called OOPS( Object Oriented Programming Concepts) despite my zero preparation. I was actually scared that I would fail but OOPS has a strange kinship with me. It loves me 😛
Do you have any Oops or Oh shit moments ? Do share.
“Oh shit!” I can’t believe I wrote all this crap and oops you read it all !
Thanks from the bottom of my heart 😉 Below song is for you all ! One of my favorite Britney Spear songs.